Student Employment Positions
Study Abroad Outreach Assistant – Center for International Education
The Study Abroad Office within the Center for International Education is seeking an Outreach Assistant to be able to assist the Assistant Director to educate the campus community on different opportunities to study abroad. The Outreach Assistant will be enthusiastic about the importance and value of studying abroad. They will serve an ambassador of study abroad programs by presenting information sessions to classes, answering student questions, and representing the programs at various on-campus events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Visit classes and give informational presentations
- Table on campus and engage with students
- Assist with the Pre-Departure Orientations
- Attend the Accepted Students Days and Open Houses to speak with prospective students and their families about study abroad programming
- Serve as a peer mentor for students who are preparing to study abroad
- Assist with Social Media interactions, particularly Instagram
- Assist the Assistant Director with other related events and projects
The ideal candidate will be a returned study abroad student.
This candidate should be an energetic, positive person when it comes to promoting programs. They must be comfortable speaking in front of a wide range of audiences, mainly classes of up to 30 students.
Must be available some evening and weekends for special events.