Student Employment Positions
Summer Residential Adviser – Center for Academic Excellence
The Summer residential adviser will work with summer participants in providing assistance during classroom activities and study hall, facilitating workshops and otherwise contributing to the academic success of enrolled students. Summer Residential adviser will supervise program participants living in the Marsh Residential Hall and all will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating all students residential related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
1.Supervise program participants for the duration of the 6 week summer enrichment program. Two weeks of this program is non-residential and is held at Lawrence MA High School, Three weeks are residential at SSU from Sunday evening until Friday afternoon and the final week is spent on a cultural field-trip. This summers field-trip will be to Arcadia National park.
2. Maintain concise documentation on student related activities and/or incidents.
3. Uphold and abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the Upward Bound program and Salem State University
4. Relay important information regarding program participants and issues relating to the residence halls to the Academic Coordinator and the Program Director.
5. Attend weekly staff meetings
6. Implement and facilitate developmental workshops
7. Supervise students during college visits, field trips and other enrichment activities
Applicant must be currently enrolled in a graduate program who are pursuing a degree in higher education and providing opportunities for first generation, low income students. Graduate student must have a GPA of at least a 2.5