Student Employment Positions
Service Desk Aide – ITS, Media Services
The ITS Service Desk Aide provides basic phone and walk-in support of low to medium complexity ITS systems or applications. Under direct supervision of the Service Desk Supervisor, the ITS Service Desk Aide responds to and diagnoses problems through discussions with users, resolving less complex problems immediately and escalating complex issues to senior level support. The ITS Service Desk Aide is responsible for greeting and assisting all walk-in customers, as well as maintaining the front-office Help Desk environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as primary walk-in greeter and support technician for ITS-related requests and incidents.
- Under direct supervision, provides in-person and phone technical software/hardware support and associated end-user training.
- Enters call data into the tracking system (Jira Service Desk).
- Documents problem status and resolution.
- Diagnoses client problems relying mainly on knowledgebase and training.
- Explains service procedures to clients.
- Media Services Classroom Support
Excellent customer service skills, both written and verbal.
Working knowledge of Window and Mac OS preferred.