Student Employment Positions
Office and Student Support Aide – McKeown School of Education
This student worker position has been created to better aid our office in connecting with and helping our students. There are some administrative tasks involved, which allows our office to continue running smoothly, but there will also be opportunities for working on projects as well as assisting/mentoring students who are seeking help.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the greeter to students, staff, and faculty for the McKeown School of Education Student Services Office.
- Answer the office phone and email account in a professional manner.
- Assist students with course selections, navigating Degree Tracker, and signing up for MTELs.
- Assist students with homework/classwork.
- Meet with assigned student for check-ins, two to three times per semester.
- Create marketing tools and flyers for the office, including information for student groups and other activities that are of interest to our students.
- Copying, scanning, and uploading documents.
- Assist department staff with events (i.e. Meet Your Major).
- Perform other duties and tasks as needed.
- Ability to work in a confidential office that abides by FERPA regulations.
- Students hired as a work study student MUST have been awarded work study funds as part of their financial aid package.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Positive attitude and willingness to be a team player.