Student Employment Positions
Public Relations Intern – Marketing and Creative Services
The public relations intern will assist the public relations team with its day-to-day efforts, primarily those designed to promote the positive news of the university externally. This individual will work remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties are largely focused on supporting proactive media relations efforts and include:
- Reporting to and meeting regularly with the director of public relations
- Drafting public relations materials, which may include press releases, advisories and web stories
- Conducting research to support public relations efforts
- Building and updating media lists
- Adapting and targeting announcements to hometown newspapers to optimize press coverage
- Coordinating with students, faculty, and staff as needed to support the crafting and distributing of media materials
- Preparing media interview briefings
- Assisting with news clips and media monitoring
- Demonstrating sensitivity to students, faculty, and staff of varying racial, ethnic, religious, gender, cultural, disability, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Current Salem State University student
- Coursework in public relations or journalism preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience writing public relations or news materials
- High level of professionalism in all communications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage assignments and deadlines
- Knowledge of Associated Press Style Guide and willing to adhere to a campus style guide as well.
- Interest in the public relations field.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your resume and two writing samples. Please apply by August 10, 2022.