Student Employment Positions
SMS Department Associate – Sport and Movement Science
The SMS Department Associate will be assigned various tasks based on need. Duties may include but are not limited to basic office support such as preparing material for recruitment events, and student enrichment events, assist with departmental inventory, facility assessment, and other tasks as needed. This position is supervised by the Department Chairperson. Contact Chris Schoen (x6580); email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in on-the-job training sessions.
- Submit available hours to supervisor to generate work schedule.
- Assemble promotional and program materials for student enrichment events.
- Collaborate with department leaders to accomplish projects.
- Draft and review message for data collection.
- Compile contact information from multiple sources into spreadsheet or database.
- Represent sport and movement science program at college recruiting events.
- Recommend and coordinate approved team building activities to promote positive student morale.
- Submit supply requests through email to the Administrative Office.
- Pickup and deliver packages to mailroom, as needed.
- Review emergency procedures.
- Enforce rules and regulations to prevent security and safety issues.
- Report unsolved health and safety issues.
- Perform basic cleanup routine such as remove trash, clear white board, organize seating space in computer lab, and common area.
- Daily inspection of facility and equipment
- Report maintenance issues, facility damage and/or equipment malfunctions to the Administrative Office for repair.
- Refill or replace empty sanitization containers in classrooms and other areas in the department.
- Assist with equipment setup and teardown, as needed.
- Other related duties.
Flexible schedule for day, evening, and weekend activities as required. Ability to work independently and in an organized manner, and to manage and facilitate events also required. Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel. Good interpersonal and communication skills necessary.