Student Employment Positions
Career Services Office and Marketing Aide – Career Services
The Career Services Office and Marketing aide will assist full-time staff with daily office operations. Including greeting students and alumni/ae who come in for career advising, setting up appointments with counselors; answering phone calls, and directing students, alumni/ae, and employers to appropriate persons and services. Creating new social media posts and creating marketing material for all events.
The Career Services Office and Marketing Aide position is open to students with a work-study award only.
Please contact Stefanie Nunley via email at email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and assist all guests that enter the office of Career Services.
- Answer incoming phone calls and transfer to the appropriate staff representative.
- Answer incoming emails and forward them to the appropriate staff representative.
- Check voicemail messages and deliver messages to the correct staff
- Create social media post on Hootsuite
- Create event pages for all Career Services events
- Assist with scheduling appointments via Handshake Database
- Updating and maintaining internship and job listings; in addition to special projects as assigned.
- Oversee and respond to Student and Employer emails
- Perform market analysis and research on the latest trends.
- Assist with daily administrative duties.
- Design and present new social media campaign ideas.
- Monitor all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
- Prepare detailed promotional presentations.
- Help with the planning and hosting of marketing events.
- Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content.
- Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content.
• Prior administrative experience with proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word and Excel)
• A desire to learn in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to handle sensitive information while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality
• Strong initiative and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Extremely detail-oriented and self-motivated/flexible
• Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
**The student employee must hold a GPA of 2.5 or higher to be considered as well as maintain a GPA to maintain employment in the Career Services Office.