Student Employment Positions
LEAP's Career Services Internship (Virtual) – Center for Civic Engagement
As LEAP's Career Services Intern, you will work alongside this team to provide youth with career readiness opportunities. All LEAP students progress through three career phases: awareness, exploration, and immersion. As an intern, you will assist youth throughout these three phases by helping to organize events, reviewing lesson plans, and meeting with students to answer questions around future endeavors. You will also have the opportunity to help LEAP expand its Business Partner Network by participating in meetings with local professionals. If you are looking for a position that directly impacts the lives of youth, then this is the place for you!
On Site Supervisor: Madison Seligman; LEAP's Career & Outreach Coordinator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SSU Supervisor: Kate Adams, Assistant Director of the Center for Civic Engagement. Email: email@example.com.
Leap for Education is located in Shetland Park: 35 Congress Street, Suite 102, Salem, MA 01970
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist youth in exploring career interests and postsecondary pursuits.
- Meet one-on-one with students to help them in their career readiness journeys.
- Review lesson plans and other materials.
- Have experience working with youth either through an afterschool program, summer camp, or mentorship program.
- Interest in working with youth and a non-profit.
- Be studying education, marketing, or social work.
- Be creative, a team player, and a self-starter!