Student Employment Positions
Administrative Assistant in the College Success Program at LEAP for Education – Center for Civic Engagement
LEAP for Education is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant who will work with our College Success Program team. In our College Success Program (CSP), we strive to increase post-secondary enrollment and graduation with minimal debt for our target populations (most are economically disadvantaged, first-generation-to-college and/or students of color). We also strive to ensure our students have clear career goals that inform their educational pathways. Currently our College Success Program is offered in Salem and Peabody, where we serve over 125 youth and their families per year.
Weekly Hours & Location: at a minimum, availability is preferred for Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 2-6pm, but can be more or less hours depending on your work-study award. Our office is located in Shetland Park: 35 Congress Street, Suite 102, Salem, MA 01970.
Supervisor: Elizabeth Grella, CSP Manager
Email: email@example.com. Google voice: 978-238-901.
Salem State Supervisor: Kate Adams, Assistant Director of the CCE
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cell 603-759-1719.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct outreach and communication with student families to ensure they stay fully informed of the program and with general updates.
- Assist with adapting curriculum to a virtual environment and reminding students about missing assignments or data.
- Help to deliver (either in-person or virtual) weekly college success programming to high school youth.
- Help team do outreach at local schools and in the community for recruitment purposes.
- Other administrative duties (such as in-person cleaning and organizing of office space).
- Current college student.
- Submit CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) form for background check
- Interested in working with high school and post-secondary youth.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.