Student Employment Positions
Graduate Admissions Assistant, Occupational Therapy – Undergraduate Admissions
General Statement of Duties:
The Graduate Admissions Assistant assists the Graduate Admissions staff with all aspects of planning, organizational and supervision of the graduate admissions program of the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions in managing the Occupational Therapy Program.
- Manages the Graduate Admissions Social Media Program including facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Assist in the completion of applications through daily oversight and communications to applicants.
- Represents Salem State at open houses, college fairs and other events related to graduate admissions.
- Assist in the management of the graduate admissions e-mail account and follow up with inquiries.
- Assists in meeting the needs of international applicants.
- Assists in research for various projects/issues.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to students, faculty, and staff varying racial, ethnic, religious, gender, cultural, disability, sexual orientation and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to students with a diversity of learning.
- Possess academic credentials and experiences suitable to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Knowledge of high education principles, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with computerized processing preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Access to a car and willingness to travel extensively is required.