Student Employment Positions
Viking Vote Ambassadors – Center for Civic Engagement
The Frederick E. Berry Institute of Politics (Berry IOP) is seeking motivated undergraduate and graduate students to serve as Vikings Vote Ambassadors for the 2022 Midterm Elections. Vikings Vote Ambassadors are responsible for supporting Salem State students through their voting process. Through nonpartisan events, collaborating with campus partners, and 1:1 outreach, Vote Ambassadors will ensure that all students who are eligible to vote are registered, educated about the candidates, and have a plan to vote.
Applications must be submitted virtually through this link: https://forms.gle/LKtHqsf4HJmsdq6w9
Apply by Sunday, August 7th for priority consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Salem State students through their voting process including registration, education, and voting.
- Assist with planning and implementing voting initiatives including tabling, hosting events, social media, marketing, and more.
- Present information about the election in classes, student organization meetings, athletic team practices, and other student programs.
- Initiate 1-on-1 conversations with your peers about registering and voting.
- Serve as a liaison with campus partners to collaboratively integrate voter engagement across campus including athletics, center for justice and liberation, first year seminars, greek life, residence life, student organizations, and more!
- Participate in Vikings Vote Ambassador training prior to the start of classes.
- Attend weekly Vikings Vote meetings.
- Work approximately 6 hours/week from September through early November.
Strong communication skills, creativity, reliability, and willingness to learn are desired. Previous experience with voter registration or political engagement is helpful but not necessary! Eligibility to vote in the U.S. is not required. Above all, we are seeking students who are passionate about engaging their peers in the upcoming election.