Student Employment Positions
Student Supervisor for Media Services and ITS Help Desk – ITS, Media Services
The Student Supervisor for Media Services and ITS Help Desk will be responsible for greeting and assisting all walk-in customers. In addition to this, they will maintain and oversee the overall operations of the front-office Help Desk environment. The employee in this role will work independently on various projects and assist in the training of New Media Services Hires and ITS Help Desk student employees.
The employee in this role may be asked to work on weekends, as needed, to provide support for events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as primary walk-in greeter and support technician for low to medium ITS-related requests and incidents.
- Diagnoses problems through discussions with users, resolving less complex problems immediately and escalating complex issues to senior level support.
- Under direct supervision, provides in-person and phone technical software/hardware support and associated end-user training.
- Enters call data into the tracking system (Jira Service Desk).
- Documents problem status and resolution.
- Diagnoses client problems relying mainly on knowledgebase and training.
- Explains service procedures to clients.
- Assist with the organization and distribution of many types of audio video equipment to smart classrooms and other presentation spaces.
- May perform video recordings of on-campus SSU events. Use of data projectors, laptops, sound equipment, and technology classroom systems.
Excellent customer service skills, both written and verbal.
Working Knowledge of Jira, Mac OS and Windows, Polaris, Navigator, Troubleshoot classroom Media AV equipment, Event Support