Student Employment Positions
Student Navigation Center Delegates – Student Navigation Center
Navigation Center Delegates will greet and assist, students, parents, and members of the Salem State community in the most efficient manner possible, with the most frequently asked questions regarding Financial Aid, Student Financials, ClipperCard and Registration. This job offers you the opportunity to educate and guide fellow students on how to become self-sufficient members of the Salem State Community.
Please contact: email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a greeter to the Student Navigation Center assisting students checking in and directing students as needed.
- Help in answering questions at the self-service computers for areas covered by the Student Navigation Center. Preliminary assistance will be brief and if interactions are complex, Delegates will make referrals to specialists.
Act as the first line of contact for students and parents by supporting the Student Navigation Center team in responding to inquiries regarding areas covered by the Student Navigation Center.
Willingness to help educate students on how to do things within their Navigator accounts.
- Deliver excellent, accurate, and timely service.
Assist with helping reduce our line by providing excellent customer service.
Work on special projects for both the Service Center & Business Offices as assigned.
- Able to work occasional weekend and evenings.
- Additional skills like speaking a second language are highly desirable.
Must be able to commit a minimum of 10 hours/week
Self motivated and willing to teach others
Strong knowledge of navigator, touchnet, canvas and all other systems a student must use at Salem State
Speaking a second language is highly desirable.