Student Employment Positions
Classroom Evening Support Technician – Bertolon School of Business
Under the supervision of the Technology Manager/Administrative Assistant II, student technicians will help maintain the computers and multimedia equipment in the classrooms, as well as general support throughout the Bertolon School of Business.( i.e. paper in student printers, dry erasers and whiteboard markers in classrooms, etc.) The chosen candidate will provide support primarily via face-to-face contact, but also via telephone. Although technical skills play a major role in fulfilling the requirements of this position, customer service can be an even more important contributor to success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to faculty and staff in response to reported technical issues
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve technical problems related to LCD projectors, A/V switcher/controllers, document cameras, computers, printers, etc.
- Assist students, faculty and staff on proper usage of presentation equipment
- Complete printer and computer lab rounds
- Deliver paper to student printers when needed.
- Document troubleshooting processes when required
- Basic knowledge of operating videoconference equipment for classes and meetings
- Follow safety rules and help to identify unsafe working conditions.
- Occasional administrative duties by be assigned.
Day and evening hours will be required.
NOTE: THIS IS A WORK-STUDY POSITION.
· Familiar with Windows OS
· Troubleshooting skills
· Working knowledge of audio/visual equipment
· Good oral communication skills
Previous IT support/familiarity related experience is preferred