Student Employment Positions
School of Business Office Aide – Bertolon School of Business
The Bertolon School of Business seeks an office aide assist the office staff with various administrative duties. This position will work under the supervision of the Administrative Assistant II. This position will primarily be responsible for creating, maintaining, pulling and refiling student files, providing assistance to those calling the main BSB phone number. Secondary duties entail providing administrative assistance to staff and/or faculty at the discretion of the Administrative Assistant II and covering office during staff meetings.
Job duties include:
• Photocopying and collating documents
• Mail distribution
• Maintaining student records
• Creating new student files
• Assist with walk-ins and answer phones as needed
• Make deliveries around campus
• Scan student records
• Assist in maintaining bulletin boards and help with posters and flyers
Other duties as assigned
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Knowledge of FERPA Laws
- Basic knowledge of campus and campus services
- Strong telephone and communication skills
- The ability to type 30 wpm
- Ability to use various office equipment (copier, fax, shredder, label maker, etc.)
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Integrity, punctuality and dependability
- Maintain confidentiality.
Prior office experience preferred but not required. Must be a non-business major due to confidential materials.