Student Employment Positions
School of Business Research Assistant – Bertolon School of Business
Research Assistants will assist faculty in the collection and evaluation of research data, perform library, computer, or other such activities as may assist the faculty’s research effort and other projects as assigned.
- Appointments are from September 1 – May 31.
- The schedule is 20 hours per week Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Students must be in a degree-seeking program.
- Students are required by the University to be enrolled in 9 credit hours each semester of employment.
- Able to committee to at least two semesters
- Handle confidential and sensitive data with integrity.
- Prepare data and information for projects using the appropriate software.
- Assist in conducting research including data collection and compilation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This is a work study position only
Skills and Qualifications
- Self-motivation and a high level of responsibility to complete tasks in a timely manner and make significant progress without direct supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Developed research skills
- Ability to learn new software and research techniques as needed.
- Flexibility in adjusting to new work related requirements as they arise.
- Maintain a grade of “B” or better in required coursework.
- Strong computer skills especially with Microsoft Office, internet, and electronic media.