Student Employment Positions
Tutor - Accounting Lab – Bertolon School of Business
To cover the Bertolon School of Business (BSB) Student Lab with qualified tutors that can provide supportive assistance to complement classroom activities to enable students to meet course academic standards and objectives. Responsible for keeping all scheduled appointments. Tutoring subjects include Accounting, (preference will be given to students who have finished at least Intermediate Accounting I) Finance, and Quantitative Analysis (ODS 262).
Contact Amy Carmack, Director of Student Success @ 978.542.7304 or email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include the following:
- Tutoring students on academic subjects by furnishing information, helping solve problems, offering support, suggesting study tips and strategies, and making referrals when appropriate;
- Being familiar with and observing The Thomas M. ’68 and Joan M. Feeley Accounting Lab policies.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the faculty advisor, students, and faculty;
- Creating and maintaining a professional work environment and attitude;
- Demonstrating adequate communication skills;
- Developing an awareness of diverse cultures and their unique needs.
BSB Lab Tutor Qualifications:
- Have a minimum of a B+ in the courses you wish to tutor.
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- Preference will be given to students recommended by BSB faculty. Be ethical, responsible, and enjoy helping others.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with diverse student population
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Integrity, commitment, punctuality and dependability a must.