Student Employment Positions
Music Department Lab Assistant – Music and Dance
Monitor the MIDI/Piano Lab and Electronic Music Lab during student lab hours. Manage inventory, update software/hardware and oversee security procedures. Report to the music staff assistant. Contact Malynda Sykes (X6296); email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in on the job training sessions
- Submit available hours to supervisor to generate work schedule.
- Report any technology malfunctions to the manager
- Review emergency procedures
- Enforce rules and regulations to prevent security and safety issues
- Report unsolved health and safety issues to manager
- Inventory studio equipment and supplies
- Submit supply requests to manager
- Open and secure room for open lab hours
- Monitor lab for proper usage of equipment during open lab hours
- Install equipment and software upgrades provided by manager
- Monitor student check-in/check-out process
- Tutor students in need of assistance in technology and equipment usage
- Promote lab usage during slow periods
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and experience witt mac-based music software and MIDI interfaces. Flexible schedule for day, evening, and weekend activities required.